Guest Refund Policy
MatesBnB Guest Refund Policy is available to Guests who book and pay for an Accommodation listed by a Host through the MatesBnB platform (the "Site") and suffer a Travel Issue will override any hosts booking cancellation policies if either flexible, moderate and strict.
A dispute (if really necessary) MUST be submitted within 24 hours of check-out in order to put your payment in standby for manual review and possible refund. After 24 hours of checkout, payment will be automatically released to the host.
1) The description of the Accommodation in the listing on the Site is materially inaccurate with respect to:
a) Number and size of the bedroom, bathroom and/or kitchen or other rooms not matching the host listing description.
b) Whether the Host, is staying at the Accommodation during the reservation or the Accommodation is for a private room or shared room.
c) Special amenities or features represented in the listing description are not provided or broken, such as bathrooms, hot tubs, pools, spas, kitchen (sink/stove/refrigerator or major other appliances), including other electrical listed, heating or air condition systems.
d) The physical location of the Accommodation (proximity).
e) The Accommodation is not generally clean and sanitized and contains safety or health hazards that would be reasonably expected to adversely affect the Guest’s stay at the Accommodation in MatesBnB’s judgment and does not contain clean bathroom towels and clean bedding for the Guest’s use, or contains any kind of pets not disclosed on the listing.
f) The Host cancels a reservation shortly before the scheduled start of the reservation, or fails to provide the Guest with the reasonable ability to access the Accommodation by providing the keys and/or access security code.
2) The Guest Refund Policy.
If you are a Guest and suffer a Travel Issue, we agree, at our discretion, to either reimburse you up to the amount paid by you through the Site, as determined by MatesBnB in our discretion, depending on the nature of the Travel Issue suffered. All determinations of MatesBnB with respect to the Guest Refund Policy, including without limitation the size of any refund, shall be final and binding on the Guests and Hosts.
3) Conditions to Claim a Travel Issue.
Only a Guest may submit a claim for a Travel Issue. If you are a Guest, in order to submit a valid claim for a Travel Issue you are required to meet each of the following conditions:
a) you must open a dispute to block payment to host within 24 hours after check out and bring the Travel Issue to our attention in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with photographs or other evidence (make sure date and time is clearly readable) about the Accommodation and the circumstances of the Travel Issue within 24 hours after the start of your reservation, and must respond to any requests by us for additional information or cooperation on the Travel Issue. Remember, payments to hosts will start 24 hours after your (Guest) check-out.
b) you must have used reasonable efforts to try to remedy the circumstances of the Travel Issue with the Host prior to making a claim for a Travel Issue.
c) you must not have directly or indirectly caused the Travel Issue (through your action, negligence or omission).
4) Minimum Quality Standards, Host Responsibilities and Reimbursement to Guest.
If you are a Host, you are responsible for ensuring that the Accommodations you list on the Site meet minimum quality standards regarding. Guests will expect:
- Easy and safe access
During the 24-hour period following the Guest’s check-in, Hosts should be available, or make a third-party available, in order to try, in good faith, to resolve any Guest issues.
- No Insurance. This Guest Refund Policy is not intended to constitute an offer to insure, does not constitute insurance or an insurance contract, does not take the place of insurance obtained or obtainable by the Guest, and the Guest has not paid any premium in respect of the Guest Refund Policy. The benefits provided under this Guest Refund Policy are not assignable or transferable by you.
- Modification or Termination. MatesBnB reserves the right to modify or terminate this Guest Refund Policy, at any time, in its sole discretion, and without prior notice. If MatesBnB modifies this Guest Refund Policy, we will post the modification on the Site or provide you with notice of the modification and MatesBnB will continue to process all claims for Travel Issues made prior to the effective date of the modification.
- Entire Agreement and Definitions. This Guest Refund Policy constitutes the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between MatesBnB and you regarding the Guest Refund Policy and supersedes and replaces any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between MatesBnB and you regarding the Guest Refund Policy. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning set forth in the MatesBnB Terms of Service.
- Controlling Law. This Guest Refund Policy will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia, without regard to its conflict-of-law provisions.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL MATESBNB’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS MATESBNB POLICY TERMS, EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF THE ACCOMMODATION FEES COLLECTED BY MATESBNB FROM THE GUEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, BY POSTING A LISTING OR BOOKING AN ACCOMMODATION OR OTHERWISE USING THE SITE, SERVICES AS A HOST OR GUEST, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, AND THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE POLICY TERMS.
6) Contacting MatesBnB
If you have any questions about the Guest Refund Policy, please contact us at email@example.com or via live chat support.